Monday, October 23, 2006

Seletar Airport


I got woken up one morning by my mum to accompany her to fetch my daddy to work. I got lured out of bed by the enticing prata at Jalan Kayu. But what greeted me was the long roads leading into Seletar Airport, making me forget about the prata. The long road leading into the airport almost seems to bring you away from the city life of Singapore into a little village in the countryside. A place with quaint street names as though it were in a storybook - Edgware Road, Mornington Street, The Oval, Haymarket Road etc. and an old fashioned letter box. Everything seems so serene and time seems to pass slower there. Residents cycle freely along the long roads around the estate and dogs prancing on the patches of green. Houses that once belonged to the British army have a charm of its own now. Drive on further and you will reach the runway of the airport where airplanes still do take off. There are also restaurants situated inside the airport, providing one a place to sit, eat and enjoy the beauty of the place. The stillness and charm of this place really captivated me and I do wish that one day I can wake up to a place like this.

Benita Tan

No comments: