Saturday, November 04, 2006

NUS Campus



In campus, as an architecture student, we are always busy with our study. Studio is actually the second home for me beside my hall, it is a place to do our design, to chit-chat with fellows, to sleep and to live in. As I seldom go outing, campus has become a place that I have all my activities in my daily life. In this case, Central Library is another place that I frequently visit beside our lovely studio.
I like the way when I travel back to my hall from Central Library, I walk out from the library, without taking the elevator outside, walk on the steps towards the direction of Yusof Isak House. When I reach the dark corridor with a lot of lockers at both sides, the only way to follow is to turn left and get onto the way to the Chinese Library. And the turning point is the spot I like a lot, you will see light start penetrating inside the corridor from the corner, which is actually a small balcony for those air handling units.
When you stand at this spot, the view you that fits into your eyes will be the grand sea view, with the industrial harbor, ferries and etc. Nonetheless, the sunset is believed to be the main feature of the beautiful view. It is a present from god that gives me a feeling of relief and relaxes. Having a deep breath, it clears all the study stresses inside my heart.
Every time when I walk through this way, no matter it is a sunny day, cloudy day, hazy weather, or rainy day, I sure will take a stop and enjoy this special moment, especially it is during evening time where the sunset is underway. It is an extra gift for me when travel back from Central Library. I love this inconspicuous corner that brings me happiness and satisfaction.

Chai Ming Jie

No comments: