Saturday, November 04, 2006

King Edward VII Hall


It's another overnight stay in studio due to submission. It's morning and the only thing come into my mind is rushing back to my hostel to sleep. The reason why I am so stick to my hall, King Edward VII hall is that I found it relief and comfortable staying here and it give me the 'home' feeling. Unlike other halls, KE VII naturally sits on a hill engulfed by forest. Whenever I came back into this 'abandoned' place, I can feel that I was separated from the busy school works and life. Climbing up the stairs with sound of trees rafting and crickets from the forest, my pace became slow and calm walking back to my room. My room is oriented in an interesting way. Its front is facing a thick tropical forest where I can find squirrels and birds hopping around inside. When I entered my room, a totally contrasting view is in front of me! Looking through the stripe window, layers of view come into my eyes. I can see bird's view of green forest immediately, then city, then port then finally is the sea! The unlimitedly opened sky view is totally contrasting with the thick and unlimitedly deep forest at the door. The cool and refreshing wind blowing across my room through successful cross ventilation makes my room a wonderful place for rest. This is King Edward VII hall which I think is an interesting place in my life in Singapore for 1 year.

Anthony Chung Ching Fatt

No comments: