Saturday, November 04, 2006

In Chinatown@night

It was amazing when I traveled to the China town streets in Singapore last year.
This place reminded me of many pleasant memories. The sun set, and night came in china town, this place was different during the daytime. When the lights turned on, the street in between the colourful Peranakan facade started changing to a picturesque scene. It was looked so beautiful to pedestrians.
Then I found out that there were actually a variety of activities in the side streets in between the Peranakan facade buildings. The best impression one usually sees here is activity out of building in the interior side street.
Every activity which surrounded china town, and the Chiniee light into the road made people feel like it was a dream, and they could easily get closer to each other. I could also easily talk to strangers around me.
Sometimes I could see some kind of acrobatic show on the street.
This experience somehow became a symbol my travels because it gave me a good impression.

Mi Hyun-Mok

No comments: